CSIA Certified Chimney Specialist®: The Next Step On the Path to Becoming a Master
So, you’ve earned your Certified Chimney Sweep® credential, and you’re wondering what’s next? Do you have to wait nine years before you hit the next benchmark and prove your commitment to being one of the best? Not anymore. Now, there’s the Certified Chimney Specialist® credential.
This credential is for Certified Chimney Sweeps® who are committed to ongoing education and practical knowledge in the chimney and venting industry.
Here’s everything you need to know about the credential and how to earn it…
How Do You Become a CSIA Certified Chimney Specialist® ?
To become a CSIA Certified Chimney Specialist®, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an active CSIA Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician®.
- You must have completed or met at least four of the following CSIA courses and/or requirements:
- Chimney Science, Chimney Physics Two-Day In-Person or Chimney Physics Online
- Chimney Documentation to Reduce Liability & Increase Profits, Inspection & Report Writing Two-Day In-Person, or Diagnosis and Documentation
- Advanced Inspection & Documentation
- OSHA 10
- Active CPR Certification
- CSIA Masonry Repair for Chimney Professionals (In-Person, Two, Three, or Five Day)
- CSIA Lining Masonry Chimneys with Stainless Steel (Online)
- CSIA Rope/Roof Access (In-Person)
- CSIA Advanced Masonry Repair (In-Person)
- NFI Core Review + NFI Specialty Review
- CSIA MCS EPA BurnWise (Online)
- 12 hours of CSIA online training (not to include Reviews, Lining Masonry Chimneys, or Chimney Physics Online)
A one-time application fee of $199 is required as well, but if your application is rejected, $99 of that fee will be returned to you.
What’s the Application Process Like?
Mail your application, along with a check (made out to Chimney Safety Institute of America) covering your application fee of $199 to the following address:
ATTN: CSIA Certification Coordinator
2155 Commercial Drive, Plainfield, IN 46168
Email your application and all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email your application, you can pay your application fee by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
The CSIA Certification Coordinator will vet all requirements before submitting qualified applicants to the Specialist Committee.
The Specialist Committee will render a decision regarding the CSIA Certified Chimney Specialist® designation within 30 days. In the event an impasse occurs, the CSIA President will cast the deciding vote.
The CSIA Certification Coordinator will notify you by mail as to the final decision regarding the CSIA Certified Chimney Specialist® designation. You can expect to hear from CSIA within 60 days of receipt of application.
Other Questions You May Be Asking
Can your credential be revoked?
Yes, your credential can be revoked at any time at the discretion of the Director of Education. Additionally, failure to retain any of the certifications required for the CSIA Certified Chimney Specialist® designation will result in disqualification.
Is there an annual fee?
Certified Chimney Specialists® pay an annual fee of $229. On renewal years, the annual fee is waived, and you only pay the renewal fee.
When do you need to renew your Certified Chimney Specialist® credential?
You’ll need to renew your credential every three years. Here’s what you need to know about the renewal process and what you need to do to keep your certification current.
Take Your Certification to the Next Level – Become a Certified Chimney Specialist® Today
You’re on your way to becoming a Master Chimney Sweep®, but let’s celebrate your commitment to the journey, not just the destination. Apply for your Certified Chimney Specialist® credential today and show your clients and colleagues what you’re made of.
Have questions about the process or anything else? We’d be happy to help. Just reach out to us at 317-837-5362 or at email@example.com. That’s what we’re here for.