There are a lot of little comforts we’re lucky to have these days – fireplaces, woodstoves, furnaces, clothes dryers…
But keeping these systems working safely and efficiently (without major repair costs or serious hazards) requires a little knowledge and a little maintenance. We want to help.
That’s why we’ve put together a host of resources designed to answer your questions, inform and empower you, and let you know what your system requires, when it requires it, why it requires it, and who you can trust to do the work right.
You’ll find it all right here. So, take a look around.
And if you’re looking for a qualified chimney sweep or dryer exhaust technician in your area, remember to check out our search tool. It makes it easy to find local qualified pros and vet businesses, without wasting time scouring the internet.
Chimney, Fireplace & Furnace Maintenance Info & Tips
- What to Look for When Hiring a Chimney Sweep & Where to Find One
- Why & When Should You Hire a Chimney Sweep?
- What Is a Chimney Inspection & Why Do You Need One Every Year?
- Buying a House: Why Do You Need a Real Estate Inspection?
- What Can You Expect During a Chimney Sweep & Inspection?
- Gas & Oil Furnace Chimneys: What You Need to Know
- 5 Things You Can Do to Help Your Chimney & Fireplace
- Budgeting for Chimney Care: Your Cost Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Your Fireplace
- The Ultimate Guide to Firewood & What You Can & Can’t Burn in Your Fireplace
Info on Chimney Fires & Carbon Monoxide
Troubleshooting Tips & FAQs
- Why Is My Fireplace Smoking?
- What to Do When…
- Chimney Leaks: What to Do if You Have One & How to Prevent Them
Safety Tips & FAQs
Info on Chimney & Fireplace Products
Prefer watching over reading? Our Director of Education, Russ Dimmitt, has put together several great videos that cover important info for homeowners and frequently asked questions.
Check out the full playlist below:
Chimney & Fireplace Maintenance Doesn’t Have to Be Hard
Let’s face it: The more you know about your chimney and venting system, and the more you understand about the maintenance needed and when, the easier it’ll be to keep fire hazards, carbon monoxide risks, and repair costs low.
Our goal is to make it easy for you to find the info you need, when you need it – and to get the help you need, when you need it. So, whether you’re searching for a CSIA-Certified Chimney Sweep®, a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician®, or tips for preventing chimney leaks, you’ll find it all right here on our website.
If you have any questions for us that we haven’t answered here, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 317-837-5362. We’d be happy to help.
And keep in mind: We’re always adding more resources and looking for more ways to help homeowners – bookmark this page and check back periodically to see what’s new!
Need to file a complaint? If you have an experience in which a CSIA-certified pro doesn’t live up to our Code of Ethics, you can file a complaint. Our pros know their certification isn’t guaranteed – they have to live up to the badge. So please, let us know if someone doesn’t.