The Pinnacle Achievement for Chimney Professionals.
The CSIA Master Chimney Sweep designation is awarded to those CSIA Certified professionals who have gone above and beyond in their efforts to stay at the very front of the chimney and venting industry.
In addtion to being an active CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep for a minimum of ten continuous years, candidates are also required to be actively certified as a CSIA Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician, and must have completed several advanced courses. Specific requirements for application can be found below.
Current CSIA Master Chimney Sweeps
Click on a CSIA Master Chimney Sweep's name below for his contact information.
W. Mark Hudson
Richard Martinez (honorary)
Bo Tasso (honorary)
Robert Waid, Jr.
Joe Bento (honorary)
Edward Berg, Jr.
Ed Ridgeway, Sr.
Bill Kline (honorary)
Requirements for Application
Applicant must have an active NFI Certification obtained through the CSIA Installing & Troubleshooting Wood Heating Appliances class or CSIA Installing and Troubleshooting Gas Hearth Appliances class. This requirement may be substituted by an active NFI Certification held for a minimum of six years, a current F.I.R.E Certified Inspector credential or an Associate level (or higher) degree in Fire Science from an accredited college.
- A one-time application fee of $275 paid to the Chimney Safety Institute of America, with $175 being returned if the application is denied.
- The Master committee will be commissioned by the current CSIA Board President and be composed of four persons, including the CSIA Certification Coordinator and at least one active board member. In the event an impasse occurs the CSIA President will cast the deciding vote
- Applications should be mailed, along with the $275 application fee. Checks should be made out to Chimney Safety Institute of America and be mailed to the CSIA Technology Center at 2155 Commercial Drive, Plainfield, IN 46168, ATTN: CSIA Certification Coordinator or payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express and application and all supporting documents can be emailed to email@example.com.
- The CSIA Certification Coordinator will be responsible for vetting all requirements before submitting qualified applicants to the Master committee for a final decision within 14 days of receiving application.
- The Master committee will render a decision regarding CSIA Master Chimney Sweep® designation within 30 days of receiving the application from the CSIA Certification Coordinator.
- The CSIA Certification Coordinator will notify applicants by mail or email of the final decision regarding the Master Chimney Sweep® designation within 60 days of receipt of application.